The Bridge

Preview
The Bridge

Description

A Gorilla is walking over a bridge
A Gorilla walking over a bridge. Armature Walk-Animationn - BVH Input with Retargeting - Particle-System- Ocean-Modifier.

I want to ask if it could be possible to have the exr files for that render for later compositing.

Message boards : Comments and discussion : 3499

AuthorMessage
Profile Janus
Volunteer moderator
Project administrator
Avatar

Send message
Joined: 16 Jun 04
Posts: 4570
Credit: 2,100,463
RAC: 8
Message 15551 - Posted: 2 Aug 2019, 12:22:43 UTC

Sorry for the delay, this one is a bit more complicated than usual.

I'm getting a warning:
LIB: material 001-Rough-Wood-Bois missing from addons/materials_library_vx/Wood.blend
All used textures and materials must be contained in the .blend-file itself since we don't have any addons on the farm.
That said, it seems to be rendering just fine, so maybe we will try it anyways.

There only seems to be one RGBA layer in the multilayer EXR output (the rendered scene), is that intentional?
ID: 15551 · Rating: 0 · rate: Rate + / Rate - Report as offensive     Reply Quote
Profile Janus
Volunteer moderator
Project administrator
Avatar

Send message
Joined: 16 Jun 04
Posts: 4570
Credit: 2,100,463
RAC: 8
Message 15552 - Posted: 6 Aug 2019, 17:01:18 UTC

Multilayer EXR is still experimental, not sure what we will get out of this - the preview may be black
ID: 15552 · Rating: 0 · rate: Rate + / Rate - Report as offensive     Reply Quote
zombie67 [MM]
Project donor
Avatar

Send message
Joined: 9 Dec 06
Posts: 93
Credit: 2,492,267
RAC: 649
Message 15555 - Posted: 7 Aug 2019, 3:40:31 UTC
Last modified: 7 Aug 2019, 3:42:49 UTC

My windows machines were getting plenty of work at first, but now nothing. The job is only ~10% done, as I post this. If the remaining ~90% are linux-only, please let us know.

199557 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:45 PM [sched_op] Starting scheduler request
199558 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:45 PM Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
199559 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:45 PM Requesting new tasks for CPU and NVIDIA GPU
199560 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:45 PM [sched_op] CPU work request: 4292246.63 seconds; 56.00 devices
199561 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:45 PM [sched_op] NVIDIA GPU work request: 86400.00 seconds; 1.00 devices
199562 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:46 PM Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
199563 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:46 PM [sched_op] Server version 713
199565 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:46 PM No tasks sent
199566 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:46 PM Tasks are committed to other platforms
199567 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:46 PM Project requested delay of 7 seconds
199568 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:46 PM [sched_op] Deferring communication for 00:00:07
199569 BURP 8/6/2019 8:36:46 PM [sched_op] Reason: requested by project
ID: 15555 · Rating: 0 · rate: Rate + / Rate - Report as offensive     Reply Quote
Profile Janus
Volunteer moderator
Project administrator
Avatar

Send message
Joined: 16 Jun 04
Posts: 4570
Credit: 2,100,463
RAC: 8
Message 15560 - Posted: 7 Aug 2019, 10:58:45 UTC - in response to Message 15551.  
Last modified: 7 Aug 2019, 11:01:33 UTC

There only seems to be one RGBA layer in the multilayer EXR output (the rendered scene), is that intentional?


My bad, it does indeed seem to contain all the information. That's pretty cool, I didn't know you could store the entire compositor state like that.

It prompts the question, what on earth should the preview show in a situation like this? The server doesn't know which layers are the RGBA layers for the output (or if there are any colour layers), it just gets a whole bunch of individual colour channels, some of which are part of the ambient occlusion, some part of the mist, some part of UV etc... Maybe a stitch of all the layers next to each other in greyscale? Hm...
ID: 15560 · Rating: 0 · rate: Rate + / Rate - Report as offensive     Reply Quote
Profile Janus
Volunteer moderator
Project administrator
Avatar

Send message
Joined: 16 Jun 04
Posts: 4570
Credit: 2,100,463
RAC: 8
Message 15580 - Posted: 21 Sep 2019, 11:13:20 UTC

Switching the rest of this session to best effort validation since it seems to generate a lot of results that do not match.
ID: 15580 · Rating: 0 · rate: Rate + / Rate - Report as offensive     Reply Quote

Post to thread

Message boards : Comments and discussion : 3499